US Tax Filing with the IRS for US Citizens who are Residents in Canada

JULY 17, 2015

Are you a US citizen? Are you a resident of Canada?

The United States is one of the only countries in the world that require their citizens to report their worldwide income even if they are a resident of another country. Even if you have not lived in the US since childhood, if you have your US citizenship, you are required to file US tax returns with the IRS.

Canada-Manitoba Job Grant

JANUARY 30, 2015

The Canada-Manitoba Job Grant is a job grant recently announced by Industry Services (a ministry of the Government of Manitoba) in partnership with the Government of Canada. The grant provides up to $10,000 of funding per employee that attends eligible training programs. The grant is provided over the period of April 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016, and Industry Services is accepting applications now for the upcoming fiscal year. Training must be approved before the course begins in order to be eligible for funding.

Deferring Your Old Age Security (OAS)

NOVEMBER 8, 2013

As of July 2013 you may voluntary defer your OAS pension for up to 60 months after the first date of eligibility (depending on birth date) for a higher monthly amount. An individual is eligible for OAS commencing the month following the month of their 65th birthday. The total payments will increase by 0.6% for every month you delay receiving your OAS up to a maximum of 36% at age 70.

Disability Tax Credits

MAY 8, 2013

Are you or a family member eligible?

Support you deserve. Expertise you can trust.